Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day #20: Independance



I can't believe I am at day number twenty. It has not been anywhere near as hard as I thought it would be. It definitely was not a piece of cake (ooh that sounds good!) but not insane. People keep asking me what I plan to do after, am I going back to meat. I have to say I have enjoyed the way I feel eating this way. It's been a whole new world to me of energy and clarity of thinking. Although I have no answer as of yet, I am enjoying every minute of this.



I even proved that I can do this on my own. Since Mike has had to be out of town for work all week I have had to prove to myself that I can do this for me. I have done it, it was hard at first. No one to cook for or be organized for is hard for me, but I have taken myself out to lunch and chosen vegetarian options each time, I even went grocery shopping today and made a Corn soufle and had a nice baby spinach salad and enjoyed it very much.


I am anxious to go to a doctor and have blood work done and see if it has made a difference. I have always had high cholesterol and blood pressure and blood sugar. Now my sodium intake is down, my meat products are out and I feel wonderful. The scale even seems to like me again!


As we wind down on these final days of my quest I will share some of my favorite recipes with you so you can try them yourself. Many of you have asked and I am excited to share, so look for them in the coming days. Thank you for all of your support.


********************************************************************************

On The Dinner Plate: As I said I made a corn soufle tonight. I have to say it was pretty good, but a little sweet. I think it would make a perfect side dish to a more savory main dish. Still over-all it was easy and good and that is what counts!




No comments:

Post a Comment