Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day #15: Set-backs and Chocolate


So here we are, two weeks down. Mike is gone this week on work and I realized something; it is harder when he is not here. Weird isn't it? I find that I am more structured with him around. When I have to plan my meals because I have to think about his dinner as well, I tend to be more organized and stable. When all I have is myself to worry about I don't plan as much.



Now, I have not started eating meat, I just don't have a planned meal. This can tend to leave me eating things that although they qualify as vegetarian, do not end up very healthy. Which brings me to my other issue this week; Ihave gained 5 pounds back from what I have lost. I hate that I am even admitting that. I think because I went vegetarian I just assumed that all was healthy and well in the world. Of course you can still over-eat as a vegetarian. There are plenty of carbs to choose from and calories to consume. I mean I knew this really, but I didn't pay as close attention as I used to.



I am a perfectionist and I take set backs very hard. I am always my worst critic. This is an issue I work on all the time. Instead of beating myself up for failing, I chose to just admit it out loud in this blog and accept it as a learning experience. A lifestyle change is just that a whole change. I'm not gonna get it right and perfect in the first two weeks. I am going to learn from what happens and be better.



So I have gained weight and need to pay attention to the amount of bad calories that I consume. I need to get back to the whole reason I started this quest, to be healthy and live longer. So I am going to get back up and do just that. One more rule that I think does well to be repeated: Just because chocolate does not have meat in it does NOT mean I can eat all I want :)

No comments:

Post a Comment