Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day #17: Thankful


So I made it, I am more than half-way through and, no, I have not slipped and eaten meat yet. I honestly don't miss it that much at all. I have been learning so much and I do hope I have been able to share that with all of you in a way that makes sense. It's funny, I notice more when I don't eat right. I can feel the sluggishness that comes with overdoing the sugar, the bloating from over-eating on all the wrong things. Where before I think I did it so often that it felt like feeling that way was normal, now I know what feeling really good is like so that contrast is astounding.


I have learned that I can still gain weight without eating meat and that a lifestyle change is a daily choice. I choose to be healthy and I have to make that choice a thousand times a day. I am confronted time and again with options that can go either way. It is more than just food choices; it is attitude choices, reaction choices, word choices and they really are all connected. The way I feel at the end of the day is greatly effected by the choices I have made throughout that day.


I have come to realize and accept that everything is connected. I know that my health is my responsibility. I am the one in the driver's seat and if I crash and burn I have no one to blame but myself. I do have to say, that I could not do any of it without the support system that I have though. Although ultimately it comes down to me and what I choose to do, the support of those around me help me to continue on the path to health.


To all of my friends who have sent such supportive and kind words to me ,I thank you. To the people who have emailed me and asked questions and told me I have inspired them, I am deeply humbled by your words and have much gratitude to you. To those amazing people I see everyday who keep me positive and allow us to share together, you do more than you know. To the one who walks beside me everyday of our lives, who loves me even when I don't make sense, and supports me because he wants what makes me happy, there are no words just my heart.


So I realize this sounds like a Sally Fields acceptance speech, but cheesy or not, I feel very touched tonight. All the support keeps me feeling accountable and helps me to stay on track and that means the world to me. So for what it is worth. Thank you all!


If it weren't for the support system I am so lucky to have, I don't think it would be easy at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment